Do you have an idea that could change the lives of people who live in Sandwell for the better using digital?
It could be mobile applications, online platform, community projects or a campaign. If so, we want to help you develop it via the iSandwell project.
You will receive funding to build the project over a four month period starting by the end of March and then ending in June. A member of your team will be mentored learning about a range of skills such as open data and civic technologies. You will not only get the funding to create your project, your organisation will benefit from a new skill set.
- The project must be a new idea.
- Your project is community focused and is of benefit to people who live in Sandwell.
- The maximum you can apply for is £2,500.
- You are a not profit making organisation. Groups must have a constitution and a bank account to qualify to apply for this funding.
- You must assign a project lead who will be mentored by iSandwell. They will also be responsible for documenting your progress via written and video blogs. These will be inducted into the iSandwell Fellowship which is a yearly cohort of people that will act as champions for the project.
- Participants must conduct one workshop that is relative to what they have learned over the period such as conducting a iSandwell Academy workshop with the people you support and a subject that is related to your project.
- You must have a tangible product at the end of the program which you will present at the projects celebration event.
- Fantastic working experience of a first of its kind project in the area
- You will make a new network of fellow activists and professionals